The Irish national Stud and gardens at Tully was purchased from the Fay family in 1900 by Colonel William Hall Walker. Hall Walker became the most successful breeder of the age, enjoying his finest hour when King Edward VII led Minoru, born and raised at Tully, into Epsom’s winners’ enclosure following a famous victory in the 1909 Derby.
In 1943, the Irish Government took over the land and buildings at an agreed valuation. In 1945 the Irish National Stud Company Ltd. was formed and it officially took over the running of the Stud on 31st August, 1946.
At present we have a core staff of approximately 45 which can rise to 80 during the busy breeding season including a successful six month Student programme with students from all over the world
As well as being a successful commercial stud farm which stands nine stallions at present the farm attracts over 127,000 tourist from all over the world from February to November.