This online seminar will give participants a detailed understanding of the urgency of businesses taking a lead on Climate Action, what actions they can take now and how digital technology can enable these actions.
The World Economic Forum suggests that Digital Technology can help reduce global emissions by 15%. “Solutions already exist in energy, industry, buildings, transport, food, forestry and agriculture. The gap between science and understanding in society has essentially closed. Now we need to close the gap between understanding and acting. Now is not the time for incremental improvements – we need rapid scaling and exponential climate action.
Joe O’Carroll, General Manager of MERITS will MC the event
• Welcoming statement: Cllr Rob Power, Chairman of the board of MERITS
• “Truth in Ten” – presentation by Elizabeth Muldowney from Al Gore’s Leadership Corps
• “Emerging Digital Products and Services that will fuel Climate Action” – Joan Mulvihill, Digital lead, Siemens (Irl)
• “Immediate opportunities for businesses to transition to a lower carbon impact” – Dr Cera Slevin, CEO, Climate Matters
• “Data Centres – minimising direct climate impact and enabling the digital transformation needed to facilitate climate action” – Garry Connolly, Host in Ireland
Register Online Here!