Recently named ‘Chamber of the Year’ at the 2019 Chambers Ireland awards, County Kildare Chamber is one of the fastest growing Chambers in Ireland, and the leading business organisation for the promotion and development of economic and commercial activity in Kildare. Representing close to 400 companies employing over 37,000 people in the county, The Chamber is a dynamic and proactive organisation committed to supporting business in the county.
This is a role for a self-motivated person with proven sales experience within a target driven environment and the ambition to work in a B2B Sales environment. It would ideally suit someone with a strong work ethic and the ability to build relationships combined with high attention to detail. The role will play a vital part in in the growth of membership of Kildare Chamber. He/she will be involved in the implementation of the membership processes, often acting as the first point of contact for enquires to effectively communicate the Chamber offering and encourage membership engagement.
Duties will include:
- Develop and manage pipeline to achieve agreed sales targets as per annual budgets.
- Build and maintain membership database to assist new membership development
- Listen, understand and clearly communicate the Chamber value proposition
- Implement an engagement strategy to build relationships and retain existing members
- Additional duties as assigned by the CEO
Area of Responsibility:
- To proactively support the Chamber office to help generate new members in all categories of membership as per annual targets.
- Using all sources available, to build and manage prospect database, generate leads and arrange meetings to drive conversion.
- To help execute targeted engagement and new member campaigns annually
- To update all databases and ensure communications are completed in a timely manner as members join/resign.
- To help drive and coordinate the retention process annually by improving engagement levels of ‘at risk’ members, and by taking a proactive approach to address issues.
- To attend internal and external business events as requested, which may fall outside office hours, to support Chamber and membership objectives
- To create and follow up on all opportunities to identify new members.
- Work with the Chamber team to ensure administrative duties are carried out at key stages during the year as per the overall engagement strategy.
- Full control and responsibility of implementing the Chamber Master CRM system and integration of same into the Chamber website
- Assisting the office in the provision of Certs of Origin – Full training will be provided to provide this service.
- Report on a 6 monthly basis to the Board on targets, new membership and ongoing activities
- Provision of a monthly membership report for the Board.
- 2-3 years’ business development experience desired but not necessary
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Focused and goal-oriented
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
The Business Development Manager will work 39 hours per week (Monday to Friday). Hours in lieu will be given within an agreed time frame.
The role is a permanent 39 hour per week role with a 6 month probationary period.
CV’s to be sent directly to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications, this Friday 5th July at 12pm