Vacancy for Employment Mediator
County Kildare Local Employment Service is seeking an Employment Mediator to be based in one of our Kildare divisions. We are primarily funded by the Irish Government under the National Development Plan to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion.
The Mediation service offers intensive career guidance. A mediator will work with a client on a one to one basis and at their own pace. He/she will work with the client to develop a career path plan. The client’s individual plan will take into account the clients current circumstances and where they see themselves in the labour market. This may include help in putting together a C.V., job application letters, improving interview techniques, and making links with potential employers.
• To enable all clients within the defined target groups to access Training & Education opportunities which will facilitate the progression of the client into appropriate employment and economic independence.
• To work with the job seeker client at their own pace.
• To maintain contact with local employers.
• To produce an appropriate CV for the client.
• To develop a career path plan with every client.
• To contact employers on the clients behalf, for work placement and employment.
• To provide aftercare support to the Job Seeker/Employer clients, post job placement.
• To contact other organisations/agencies, including trainers on the client’s behalf.
• To collate and analyse monthly statistics.
• To process mail and maintain records and correspondence.
• To update and maintain computerised database.
• To report to the coordinator with monthly case studies.
• To carry out such duties pertaining to this position as may be required from time to time.
Must have relevant work experience and/or a third level qualification relevant to the work of a mediator i.e. Adult Guidance, Community Studies, Addiction Studies, Recruitment, Human Resources etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Innovative and enthusiastic.
• Ability to work on own initiative and integrate within the team.
• An understanding of the problems associated with unemployment.
Person will be responsible for providing clients with a confidential, individual career path, planning, guidance and counselling service on a caseload basis. This position is based in Kildare Town.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, with excellent administration and secretarial skills.
• Previous experience of working with a similar group desirable but not essential.
• Some database work is desirable.
Application for this position is by CV and Cover Letter.
CV’s must be sent by post and be received before close of business on Friday 29th January 2016 @ 4:00pm. Further information can be obtained from email@example.com or 045 895555.
KLESN is an equal opportunities employer.
Ms. Clodagh Judge, LES Coordinator, KLESN / Obair, Unit 5, Rathasker Square, Kilcullen Road, Naas.